Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I miss my 3d jobs

Its been more than a year since a stopped creating 3D designs for exhibition booths, store designs, and other visual merchandising design works. Im happy with what I do now and I feel empowered by my new skills like web designing, etc., but somehow I miss the things that I was doing in my previous job. I miss 3D max. Few years back I remember the first program that I used to set up every morning - 3D Studio Max . It became part of my routine to experiment with lighting and shapes in a 3 dimensional environment. That was the part that I enjoyed most in a 3D software.

When I was designing exhibition booths clients are ok with plain and simple elements, but it's very important to achieve a balanced and accurate lighting, I believe this helps emphasize the areas and elements that need to get more attention, like the areas for brand name, product displays, etc.

I am so amazed at how light creates texture which brings the logo out and stunnning, like what I did to one of the designs I created for mitsubishi. The booth was so high, it was an advantage for the brand to stand out. Light created enough radiance for the logo in a very simple way.



Aside from directing the viewer to an important area, one of the challenges is develop designs that align with time constrains and budget.. Hmmm i know, most of the time we used only timber constructed modules and steel, We seldom used expensive materials unless that would be provided by the client. But I find it really a pleasure to have had that kind of work even though I have no background in "Interior Design". Maybe one day I will have the chnace to design again, not for a client but for my own set which I could call a home or house...or home..whatever...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP