Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My simple thoughts on direct designing.

When I focus my attention to people, faces seem to set a somewhat spectrum of aura in me. Some have wonderful features, others are quite plain, and sometimes I feel negative looking at them, but often, lots of people look noticeably great! At times, we don’t know why, we just feel it. But putting things into a closer look, there has to be an explanation how and why things do and do not go together. It’s about proportion, bone structures, symmetry, contour, outlines, harmony, contrast, and how you carry it.

I get the same concept when looking at designs and layouts. Elements that we see normally occupy weight in our vision, attract attention depending on their properties- I find it interesting for a design element to put itself on top of your focus even if its placed somewhere at the bottom (this is what they call visual weight).

I already accepted the fact that people treat you based on what you dictate them to, same thing with designs, we look at them based on what they imply. We would never want to express impurity, incompetence and inefficiency when we develop a visual identity for a medical institution. Many creative masters stated that designs should establish credibility. I also learned that designs should express what they stand for (we might not be always present to rationalize verbally), serve a function according to why they are created. I learned that it should clarify a sense of integrity.

There are times when I get overwhelmed with lots of filters and effects that I could use to add spark to my designs, it’s nice to add manipulations in a design that would make people ask “How did you do that?”, but when I look at someone who I cant recognize because of too much make-up, I wonder would I have my concept stand out, or just flaunt with accents that saturate all the details. I have found out in some cases that simplicity and unity are important to be able for an idea to be communicated.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP