Sunday, May 31, 2009

I love minimalist design

I am obviously a fan of minimalist graphic design. You can see it from the design of this website, in my portfolio, in my blogs, from my favorite brands. Ask my friends about my taste and style, and you'll hear what you expect. I don't like clutter, I don't like layouts that are full of elements all shouting for attention. I love focus in design, and it gives me the freedom to make the core statement in design stand out.

Less is more, and the more you make things simpler, the more challenging it is to communicate the message more effectively. This applies not only to graphic design but also in designing websites where usability is one of the primary considerations in the development process.

People don't like complications and the back buttons and the buttons that close browser windows are very accessible to the users allowing them to just go on to the next search results when they cant seem to find what they're looking for in your website (even if its already in that same page where they left off).

Simple and minimalist designs just make the focus seem more obvious, because there are less distractions. White spaces facilitate the direction to where the eyes should go. There's no doubt that this approach in design has so much influence on the usability and the way design elements relate with each other creating more balance.

More white spaces in graphic design just make me feel that the elements can breathe and the whole visual seems to be free from complications. I get so much inspiration from looking at the Apple website, there's just no doubt how their products, services and of course their website have exemplified simplicity, effectiveness and minimalism. paired with technology I believe they are the benchmark of great visual design, technology, usability and so on.. There're just too many words to associate the brand with.

This post has actually been inspired by this article, and I'd just like to share a good read about minimalist design.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP